Fremont County School District 21 serves approximately 526 students (PK - 12) and their families and is located on the Wind River Indian Reservation at the base of the Wind River Mountains in West Central Wyoming.
The district includes Fort Washakie Elementary School (PK - 6), Fort Washakie Middle School (7 & 8), and the Fort Washakie Virtual High School (9 - 12) and employs 120 full or part time staff members. All district facilities are located on a single campus, which provides ease of availability of the full range of district programs and services to all students. Our board and staff work cooperatively to lead, empower, and promote a successful learning environment so that our students can compete in society.
DISTRICT DIRECTION (VISION)
Our direction is to provide rigorous and relevant instruction to educate our students to excel and succeed in any environment while sustaining the knowledge, value, and history of our culture.
DISTRICT PURPOSE (MISSION)
Our purpose is to enable each student to reach his or her potential:
- Gain the knowledge and skills to successfully compete globally.
- Maintain culture and traditions.
- Be responsible and respectable.
- Be actively engaged in learning throughout life.
- Develop healthy and positive habits and relationships.
- Be independent and critical thinkers.
- Be prepared and productive.
- Access and use information appropriately.